Friday, October 18, 2013

What it means to be an American?

America the land of the free. to call yourself an american you must first of all live in america and be involved with the american society and the way that americans live there life. the typical american i see is driving around on there car and spending there money that they get from working at there little jobs. americans are consumers they like to just buy buy and buy stuff and just make waste via pollution and actual waste when they throw things away and they go to landfills. americans need to have the latest and greatest things wheather it comes to shoes, phones or even the newest brand of toothpaste. the idea of being an american to me is that you want to be better than everyone else and have the best personal objects to show off to every one. americans are wasteres  they are selfish with everything that they have. they can do more than anyone else have a better life than anyone else in the world but what an american truely is that we will go to great lengths to get what we want. it is mostly about me me me and no one else in america so to be an american just think of yourself.  

3 comments:

  1. Different perspective than others that I've seen, I liked it and can somewhat agree with it, in that we are a nation of made up of a lot of people who think for ourselves, but there's also a lot of people that aren't like that at all that can also be considered Americans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked reading this because I haven't seen this idea yet, and because you basically said everything that I think of when I hear the word american, but am too afraid to say, since it isn't really true. But I think that what you said was sort of stereotypical, like you tainted Americans' personalities. YOu did mention the "typical american", so maybe you know that many people aren't like what you described.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your definition of an American and it shows how greedy we can be as a country.This is how i imagine foreigners viewing Americans.

    ReplyDelete